CPB Contractors approached us to tender the stainless steel component of the Paradise Dam Fishway project, which we were ultimately awarded.
This was a very exciting project for SES and involved many processes and welding procedures along the way. It included the supply of 30 tonnes of fabricated Stainless steel using Plate thicknesses from 8mm to 65mm in Grade 316.
- Most plate work and flanges were cut using our waterjet cutting machine in-house.
- Rolling of telescopic tubular sections from 8mm & 12mm Grade 316 Stainless Steel from 1300mm to 1600mm diameters in our own plate rolling machines to a tolerance of plus or minus 3mm.
- Our fabrication team used their high levels of skill and technical knowledge to ensure that whilst fabricating the 3 telescoping tubes; they maintained perfect roundness to ensure that they all at the finale fit inside each other to allow the telescoping motion required.
- Telescoping was then tested using a 90-tonne crane supplied by Burpengary Cranes using precision lifting techniques.
- All Welds were NDT tested, and all circumferential welding was X-Ray tested by a certified NATA testing agency.
Ultimately we delivered to the site on time, and everything worked exactly as it was supposed to. It was a challenging and exciting project to be a part of.